Bathurst Regional Art Gallery (BRAG) is currently seeking exhibition applicants for the Foyer Gallery. The space is ideal for ceramics, small sculpture and three-dimensional work.
BRAG manages the Foyer Gallery prominently located between the entrances of BRAG and Bathurst Library, a busy thoroughfare with an annual visitation of 150,000. Foyer Gallery exhibitions run for 6 to 8 weeks in conjunction with BRAG main gallery programs.
• Artists are responsible for transport of work to and from the Gallery.
• An artist fee of $500 will be paid to successful applicants.
• Sales of work is subject to a 27.5% commission.
• BRAG will promote Foyer Gallery exhibitions through the BRAG exhibition/event brochure and BRAG social media networks.
The Foyer Gallery glass cabinet specifications are:
• Six cases: 62.5cm high x 59.5cm wide x 42cm depth
• One case: 138cm high x 59.6cm wide x 42cm depth
• Clear glass shelves can be inserted to accomodate additional artwork.
The following information should be submitted with your application:
1. Project/Exhibition description (A succinct overview of ideas and intentions behind the work) max. 300 words.
2. A current Curriculum Vitae detailing relevant experience and qualifications - no more than 2x A4 pages.
3. Examples of artwork including up to ten images, title, date, medium descriptions and dimensions - document to be no larger than 4MB.
Exhibition proposal submissions are assessed by the BRAG Director in consultation with BRAG staff. Applications are assessed on artistic merit and potential relationship with BRAG programs.
PDF available here
Photo: David Roma.